Thing I Wish I'd Know When I Started ProgrammingMar 06, 2019 · 1 min
When you get through something and look back, you realized than there is more you could do from beginning. Similarly, there are some point that I believe is important to know when you are new at programming.
1. Programming is about using the right tool for the job!
Right tool for the right job is key to any successful project.
2. It doesn’t take 10,000 hours to be good enough to land a job.
3. Learning to code is not easy.
Getting started is easy, but deep dive takes times. Project and nice to have bugs will
help you get through.
4. It’s okay to make mistakes.
Mistakes and failure are completely normal in programming. Fail forward and benchmark you mistake is process to improve.
5. Programmer never stop learning!
Technologies around keeps innovating and learning and adopting is always necessary.
6. Changing bad code is part of the process
7. You don’t need to be math genius.
8. Always celebrate the small wins
9. Trying to understand everything is not the answer.
You don’t get involve into every part of programming. It’s okay, if you don’t understand everything.
10. Ask for help more often. && let go to your emotions
11. There’s a big difference between a capital letter and a lowercase one.
12. You don’t need 5 monitors & pair program as much as possible
13. You’re going to wake up in the morning thinking about code.
14. You should never give up.