Drag and Drop List
Cross-browser drag and drop list will be a great project. It might even release as a package in NPM registry. Although it might sound very simple one, we can add awesome features animation and effect.
React Native mobile app.
React Meteor Real-Time Web application.
Meteor framework is a very good platform for building a real-time application. If you are looking for an academic project where you are dealing with real-time data from monitoring tool then I suggest you check this framework.
Build React JS Open Source Component.
If you are familiar with ReactJS then you can write ReactJS component and package as NPM modules. There are many components like date picker, drop down, slider, etc. Also, you can write react implementation of an already existing library.
ElectronJS based desktop app.
Here are other:
- Real-time feed of tweets about a subject of your choice
- Scrape a page through your console and get info easily without having to copy, paste, and format each thing by hand (great for research)
- Gif search, video search, etc
- Something with maps (like a store locator)
- Unit conversion calculator
- Autocorrect text box.
- Form validator.
- Collapsible navigation menu.
- Countdown clock.
- Modal dialog box.